Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whoops a daisy!!

So tonight I decided to back into a tree. Danny and I had been online looking at friends blogs and we came across a friend who had been in a car accident. I opened my big mouth and said to Danny what would you do if I did something like that to the Escalade.

Not five minutes latter we went outside to leave Danny's parents house and I backed into a tree. It was dark and really late. His parents have a circular driveway and it is really dark at night. I was even using my mirrors when I hit. I couldn't figure out what I had hit because I always check to see if there is a car parked behing me. Glass went flying everywhere and my kids were screaming. It didn't help that it was windy. We had 60mph wind warnings. So the glass was everywhere, more than normal. At first I really thought the wind had made a branch go in my back window. But Danny claims the tire marks were on both sides of the tree. So it was my fault. What do ya do. Weve been married almost 7 yrs. and I've never done anything like this or been in an accident. I guess it was my turn.



Luckily it was just the window that needed replaced. All I could say is ARE YOU SERIOUS! That blog was very bad luck for me. So Jess I hope your car is ok. Heavenly Father sure has a funny way of getting even when you open your mouth about something. Like when you say, "I would never do that, or my kids will never do that and then they do." So this is what happened to me. I will never ask Danny again, "What would you do if I did something like that ." He was very nice and just laughs at me for trying to blame it on the wind!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Yikes! Yep...never say never! Glad you and the kiddos are okay..how scary!

Jesmyluk said...

I was on the phone with Sarah the night you called her...thanks for interupting our conversation! J/K

Seriously I am so glad you are all ok and that it was just the window that was damaged.

Never ever tempt fate like that again. Its Murphy's Law what you said to Danny. You basically just called the "Fates" out on that one girl.

The Hunter Family said...

At least you weren't on the phone or something. We just got an estimate on our's and it's $3,200!! Good thing for insurance but at the same time how hard can it be to replace the parts. Labor is $44/hour. Good luck getting everything replaced and back on the road.

Stevenson's said...

Oh poor Jess!! Ben told me and I couldn't believe it. Glad it wasn't worse. You'll laugh at it someday if your not already!